Revised “aviation training” in episode 1 to “boarding training” here.
The raw from Kanto station, TV Asahi had an earthquake alert in the middle of the drama, so I used the raw from Kansai station, ABC TV instead for this episode.
- Airband or aircraft band is the name for a group of frequencies in the VHF radio spectrum allocated to radio communication in civil aviation, sometimes also referred to as VHF, or phonetically as “Victor”.
- Pushback means the movement of an aircraft from a nose-in parking stand using the power of a specialized ground vehicle attached to or supporting the nose landing gear.
- Information <letter> is a simple versioning system used in ATIS (Automatic Terminal Information Service). ATIS messages contain information about the weather at the airport, runways in use etc. This information is transmitted on a dedicated radio frequency and repeated in a loop. The ATIS messages are updated frequently as the weather or operations at the airport change. Every time a new ATIS message is generated, the letter is changed.
- Thrust is the force needed to overcome the resistance of air (drag) to the passage of an aircraft.
- In an axial flow jet engine, N1 refers to the rotational speed of the low speed spool which consists of the fan, the low pressure compressor and the low pressure turbine, all of which are connected by a concentric shaft. On many jet engines, N1 is the primary indication of engine thrust as an alternative to Engine Pressure Ratio (EPR) that is used on others.
- V1 is the maximum speed at which a rejected takeoff can be initiated in the event of an emergency. V1 is also the minimum speed at which a pilot can continue takeoff following an engine failure.
Other translation notes
- Ichigoni is a soup made of fresh sea urchin and abalone. “Ichigo” means “strawberry”, and it was so named since sea urchins in a cloudy broth looked like wild strawberries. It is a local specialty of Hashikami town in Aomori prefecture.
- Senbei-jiru is a country-style dish from Hachinohe in the Nanbu region of Aomori. It is a stew with meat, seafood, mushroom, vegetables, and a type of cracker called Nanbu senbei. Nanbu senbei are wheat-flour crackers made from flour and salt. The crackers are broken into pieces and cooked in a dashi broth made from meat, fish, mushrooms, and vegetables.
(1920×1080 / 00:48:09 / 1.56 GB)
(1280×720 / 00:48:09 / 1.06 GB)
Whoaa I love this episode!
It’s so much better compared to the first episode! Now the plot flows much more naturally, and they’re actually blending the technical knowledge very well into the dialog!
Aside of the romance part, I can predict a possible conflict with Okajima. Sui seems to aspire to fly an international flight? He looks kind of irritated whenever Okajima mentions international flight. And his dream is probably flying that Boeing 787? They’ve been scattering clues here and there, I think they must collect them somewhere later.
I’m so happy with more interaction between Sui and Captain Kitami! I love it so much when she starts teasing him, hahaha he’s so cute!
Can’t wait for next episode already! By the look of the trailer, Mayu will have a problem at work too, with that rigid Captain. See you next episode!