Finally the first episode of NICE FLIGHT! aired!
Below is some terms that came up during the episode that I thought would be helpful to read beforehand.
I hope you enjoy this first episode!
- The difference between ATM and ATC
- Airline terminology
- Air traffic control (ATC) service means a service provided for the purpose of:
(a) preventing collisions: — between aircraft, and — in the manoeuvring area between aircraft and obstructions; and
(b) expediting and maintaining an orderly flow of air traffic
- Air traffic management (ATM) means the aggregation of the airborne and ground-based functions (air traffic services, airspace management and air traffic flow management) required to ensure the safe and efficient movement of aircraft during all phases of operations
- Missed approach (1) is a procedure followed by a pilot when an instrument approach cannot be completed to a full-stop landing. The instructions for the missed approach may be assigned by air traffic control prior to the clearance for the approach.
- In aviation, a go-around is an aborted landing of an aircraft that is on final approach or has already touched down. A go-around can either be initiated by the pilot flying or requested by air traffic control for various reasons, such as an unstabilized approach or an obstruction on the runway.
- Deadhead pilot (1) (2) a pilot that’s flying on a plane as a passenger on their way to or from an assigned route. Deadhead pilots are uniformed and considered on-duty during deadhead flights, too.
- R1 or R2: Service Doors. The doors on A/C right by which the caterers and other support personnel deliver their services. They are occasionally referred to as R1 or R2.
- L1 or L2: Entry Doors. The doors on A/C left used for Customer boarding and deplaning. They are occasionally referred to as L1 or L2.
- Instrument Landing System (ILS) (1) is a precision radio navigation system that provides short-range guidance to aircraft to allow them to approach a runway at night or in bad weather.
- Instrument Meteorological Conditions (IMC) (1) (2) is a flight category that describes weather conditions that require pilots to fly primarily by reference to instruments, and therefore under instrument flight rules (IFR), rather than by outside visual references under visual flight rules (VFR).
- Flight Diversion. A flight diversion is when an aircraft is unable to arrive at its final destination. All diversions are unforeseen; otherwise it is described as an alternate prior to departure.
(1920×1080 / 00:49:00 / 1.59 GB)
(1280×720 / 00:49:00 / 1.08 GB)
Let me write my impression for the first episode!
First half of the ep honestly started a bit disappointing? Stiff acting, boring camerawork, unnatural lines… Some characters kind of irritated me with their shallow and stereotypical thoughts (AND STIFF ACTING OH GOD).
But what impressed me the most is how detailed they covered the works of people in the airport, that at times I feel like it’s more like a documentary than a drama. Sasuga full cooperation of JAL and the MLIT.
They could have inserted the documentary thingy a bit more subtle so that it doesn’t really disrupt the drama but oh well. Sponsors need to convey their message. At least Tama’s presence is more than enough to maintain my patience throughout this “painful first half”.
Once they’re finally done with what seems like a forced placement of “sponsor messages” and start entering the story, it feels SO MUCH BETTER. It has all the necessary elements for a romance drama, it feels very comfy.
Tama and Anne really conquer the whole drama and their presence make up for (what I feel) the somewhat weak plot! Their acting and chemistry is so natural and they really brought their characters alive. I even feel the camera loves them too because the camerawork improved a lot in second half lol. And the character development in only an episode! They’re not dragging things which I appreciate so much.
Relationship between characters needs more work imo, I think the only strong characters are Sui and Mayu’s. Even Kichise’s character lacks the spotlight that I wish she had. I hope she’ll have more screentime in next episodes.
However, the next episode trailer looks promising, because every scene with Sui and Mayu screams chemistry, chemistry, and chemistry!! They’re exploding with sparks!!! In short, I recommend it and I love the drama!
Leave a Reply